- Atrebo’s CRO Luis del Valle attended the meeting place for the MENA tower sector to explore synergies with industry leaders.
- This 2023 edition of TowerXchange Meetup MENA was mainly focused on the exponential growth experienced in the towerco ecosystem in recent years.
The event, organised by TowerXchange, took place on 13th and 14th March in Le Meridien Hotel, Dubai, UAE. Atrebo, as specialist in digitisation of assets and critical infrastructure attended the event bring value to the future of the towerco industry.
The main topic was mostly the rapid growth of towercos in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region where 15% of MENA’s 280.000 towers are now owned by towercos.
Specifically, the most popular subjects during TowerXchange MENA this year were:
- Towercos carve outs needs to optimise OPEX
- Energy efficiency needs
- Towercos built-to-suit deployments
- Regulation enabling infrastructure sharing
- Digital Infracos supporting investment in Smart Infrastructure
- Small Cells network deployment
- Automation and Digital Transformation in Towercos
Consequently, the whole meetup was organised in different keynotes sessions of senior executives from companies such as: Omantel, Globe Telecom, Tawal, Tasc Towers, e&, or Tunisie Telecom, among others. Also, attendees had the opportunity to take part in networking refreshment breaks and listen to specific roundtable sessions led by a host.
“Our infrastructure assets are not just used by MNOs anymore, but by smart city applications, EV charging and mega project IoT networks. This means we have to diversify and change how we do business and what products we are serving the market with,” Abdulrahman Almoiqe, CCO, TAWAL.
Furthermore, during the discussions, our CRO Luis del Valle had the opportunity to meet renowned executives to share knowledge and hold discussions about the future of telco infrastructure management.
To sum up, this year’s event has brought together a vast majority of MENA infrastructure experts from renowned companies interested in the automation of processes and new trends to boost the digitalisation of the towerco industry.
As expected, Atrebo is looking forward to attend the next TowerXchange Meetup in order to reinforce its commitment to generate value for the future of the telecom sector.