«A satisfied customer is the best strategy of all.»
Michael De Boeuf
The term Digital Adoption, of great relevance in asset management digital transformation processes, is known as the process whereby an organization facilitates the adoption of digital solutions to its users, with the ultimate goal of converting those who were initially unaware of the solution, into their prescribers. This transformation is known as the Customer Success Cycle.
To achieve this goal, a well-planned strategy for efficient digital adoption needs to be put in place:
- It is essential to prioritize the needs of users, as long as there is going to be a change in the organization, they must be aware of the need for that change.
- The key to success is the focus on the human factor, in this sense, after having informed the users, it is necessary for the organization to generate a certain desire for participation and support, so that they feel that they are a substantial part of the organization and the relevance of the change.
- After having raised awareness and provoked the desire for participation, it is necessary to train users on how the changes will be made and keep them informed. Following this strategy, the process of change will be carried out successfully and in the most natural way possible.
- Frequently the user has a proactive attitude for any improvement that may arise in an organization, however, we may also find some rejection of change by some members for different reasons, such as:
- Uncertainty about the success of change.
- Members who may feel that their ideas or work techniques are affected.
- Fear of the unknown.
- Lack of information. Little flexibility caused by their way of thinking.
The goal that the organization should set itself in this case is to transform the attitude and the way of thinking of its members, provoking what is known as cultural change. For this, the user will have to be equipped with knowledge to implement the required skills and behaviors.
- Finally, as an inspiration or incentive, it is advisable to conclude the process of change by assiduously reinforcing the user with information and help to resolve doubts in order to sustain this transformation.
The path towards the Digital Transformation of an organization is a proportional transition procedure that goes beyond these 5 steps, in the following articles we will continue to explore it.